воскресенье, 4 марта 2012 г.

Developing a taste for high office: ; Barkley the Dog is preparing himself for Satterfield's job

IT was dusk and all was quiet on the home front when I noticedBarkley the Dog under the chestnut tree in the yard. It appeared asif he was consulting with a six-point buck. Not chasing it, mindyou. He was involved in what appeared to be a serious conversationwith the beast.

As soon as I opened the door, the buck fled. Barkley wasobviously irritated by my presence.

"Why did you have to do that?" he asked. "I was about to make adeal here."

"Dogs don't make deals with deer," I said. "They chase deer, theybark at deer, but they don't make deals.

"They do if they're economic developers," he said.

Barkley was at it again. Born a political animal in …

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий